I, (Participant) and (Custodial Parent or guardian if participant is a minor), understand and accept the risks and rules below:
- RISKS: I understand that the handling, use and riding of a horse involves the risk of injury or death, despite all safety precautions. No horse is a completely safe horse. If a horse is frightened or provoked or even without such reason it may divert from its training and act according to its natural instincts which may include, but are not limited to: stopping short, changing direction or speed at will, shifting its weight from side to side, bucking, rearing, biting, kicking or running from danger. These risks exist for any person around a horse, whether mounted or on the ground.
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKS: I acknowledge the above risks and I voluntarily engage myself or my minor child in riding activities at Fire Run Farm. I understand that I or my minor child can do so safely. Participation in equine activities at Fire Run Farm constitutes a knowing and voluntary assumption of all risks associated with equine activities.
- SAFETY AND HELMET RULES: I understand that I must follow the safety rules of Fire Run Farm when participating in an equine activity at Fire Run Farm and that I should wear an approved riding helmet and proper footwear. I acknowledge that wearing a properly fitted and secured riding helmet while riding, mounting, dismounting and being near horses may reduce the severity of head injuries or prevent death occurring as the result of a fall or other occurrence. I assume all helmet related risks, including but not limited to the risk of injury if I don't wear such helmet.
- RELEASE: I AGREE TO FULLY AND FOREVER RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Fire Run Farm, Kurt Rumens and/or Teri Rumens, and any and all agents acting on behalf of or for Fire Run Farm from any and all liabilities due to injuries, claims, damages, actions or losses, which may arise out of my, my minor's child's, or my guest's presence at the equine activity sponsored by Fire Run Farm. Except in the event of Fire Run Farm's gross negligence or willful misconduct, I shall bring no claims, demands, actions or litigation against Fire Run Farm, its owners Kurt Rumens and/or Teri Rumens, and any and all agents acting on behalf of or for Fire Run Farm for any economic losses and non-economic losses due to bodily injury, death or property damage, sustained by me or my minor child in relation to the premises and operations of this stable.
- MISC: I agree that this release shall be subject to the laws of the State of Washington and any dispute relating to this release shall be decided by the courts of the State of Washington. I agree and hereby waive, to the extent not prohibited by applicable law, the right to a trial by jury and hereby agree, instead to a court trial. In the event any provision of this release shall be deemed invalid or unenforceable by any court, such provision shall be deemed severed from this Agreement and replaced by a valid provisions which approximated as closely as possible to the intent of the parties.
BY SUBMITTING THE FORM BELOW I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ITEMS 1-5 ON THIS ENTIRE LIABILITY RELEASE.